Friday, November 6, 2009

'Matrix' producer plans a Movie on Prophet Muhammad [p.b.u.h]

Assalaam'aaleykum!


I know I am a bit late in sharing with you guys about this news, but this has been on internet and newspapers all around the world. Yeah! One of the most successful Hollywood producer, an Oscar winner too, Barrie M. Osborne has recently announced an epic movie about our beloved prophet Muhammad [p.b.u.h] and the true message of Islam. 


I first read about this in my daily newspaper and wanted to post it on my blog since then, but I couldn't do so because of not having enough time. Let me tell you that since I have watched the movie 'The message', I have always longed for a Big budget flick - touching the same theme and the same story as that of 'The Message'. Now, I think, I would very soon have my desire fulfilled with the launch of this movie.


Anyway, here is the news:

Oscar-winning producer Barrie M. Osborne is best known for fantastical films employing messianic characters, specifically "The Matrix" and the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Lately though, he's focusing directly on religious material rather than stories that reference those texts. Osborne is already at work on "Kingdom Come," a Biblical epic about the life of Jesus, which will be directed by "Lord of the Rings" visual effects artist Dean Wright. And now, according to The Guardian, he's planning a $150 million film about Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
Osborne's film, which will follow Muhammad's life from birth to death and His teachings, will not feature an on-screen depiction of the Prophet. The New Zealand-based producer is working with a production company out of Qatar and has employed Muslim scholar Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi to oversee the project throughout shooting. The producer told Reuters it will be "an international epic production aimed at bridging cultures. The film will educate people about the true meaning of Islam."
Continue reading here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Post a Comment